F.W.F or the Fisher Widmann Fronheiser Insurance Agency was started by the merger of the Fisher Agency and the Widmann Fronheiser Insurance Agency in 1983. The Widmann Fronheiser Agency was owned by James Widmann who took over the business from his father. This agency had been in the Johnstown area since 1910. The Fisher Agency was started in 1975 by Fred Fisher, and was known as the Fisher Agency until the merger of the Agencies.
In January of 1987, Fred Fisher purchased James Widmann’s half of F.W.F and was the sole owner of the FWF Insurance Agency. FWF purchased the Richard G. Wagner Agency in New Florence in the fall of 1987 and moved all of its files to F.W.F’s Johnstown location. This included twenty-five municipalities and many other businesses as well as personal insurance policies.